Image Map

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Heart Words and Apples

Hi :)! How are you? I am super excited to show you some activities we have been working on in my classroom. I was inspired by Heather to do this lovely activity. I read Chrysanthemum to my babies and as I was reading it we started wrinkling a heart. The kids talked about how Chrysanthemum suffered when the other students made fun of her name. Also, my babies came up with heart words...also inspired by lovely Heather. I love this activity because by saying heart words, my students helped to fix the heart and make it smile :) 


I love how this graph turned out...super easy, but they loved it. 


Also, the following activity was inspired by Cara. My sweeties made their own scientist. They loved the idea of becoming scientists this school year. 


We also talked about the differences between peacemakers and peacebreakers. They all want to be peacemakers, that's for sure :) 


Last, but not least I worked on an All About Apples craftivity. It is a mini book, and I love the way it turned out. You can find this activity in English and Spanish here








I hope you are having a wonderful week :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Alexa! Thanks for following my blog, I'm your newest follower now! I think this heart idea will make it's way into my lesson plans next week- never thought to use Chrysanthemum with it!